We’ll start with a definition.
Definition: Web designers are professionals who solve a client’s communication problems and leverage the customers brand identity in a web-design kinda way.
Web designers must think like the site’s anticipated audience. They foresee what visitors will want to do on the site and create navigational ideas that facilitate those needs.
How does this all this talk break down in terms of daily tasks? Below is a summary of deeds you’ll do during the web development project lifecycle.
Through the project lifecycle, the PULP Web Designer Huntington Beach will need to:
- Understand and discuss the technology—its possibilities and limitations as well as other issues—with customers and team members.
- Will translate customer needs, content, and branding into structured web design concepts.
- Translate projected visitor needs into structured web design concepts.
- Must translate web design concepts into appropriate, technically executable color ideas.
- Design navigation elements.
- Establish the look and feel of web design pages, including text, font, graphics, color, layout, and other factors.
- Render design elements from Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual development environments into usable elements of a working web design.
- Lay out web design pages and sites using HTML and other web development languages.
- Organize all content in a readable, well-designed way.
- Effectively collaborate with a web development team.
- Modify graphics and code as needed.
- Update and maintain customer websites as needed. Web Designer, Huntington Beach CA